D.Rough has mentioned this bar a few times since we met. I keep wanting to call it Half Time Parks and Rec, oddly enough. But recently, the people who do Smack Shack in Minneapolis (I can’t believe I haven’t reviewed THAT place – we love it) took over the kitchen at Half Time Rec. Since Coach and Bendy were in town visiting, D.Rough thought we should go there and show them a good time.
After we ate, we popped down into the basement for some bocce. Yes, they have two full-length bocce courts in the basement of this place. Not a finished basement by any stretch – the kind where you might have a person in a pit in the basement kind of arrangement. They used to have a bar downstairs as well, but that’s been shut down. You can still bring your drinks down there, though. We played a couple games and smack talked for a while and had a blast.
Top 5 things about Half Time Rec
1. Bangers and Mash
2. Jumbo Breakfast Dog
3. Bocce in the basement
4. Corned beef sandwich
5. Live music many nights
Bottom 5 things
1. Wished there was more beer taste in the mac and cheese
2. The basement smells like a scary movie basement
3. The lobster rolls – which are amazing – are quite pricey
4. Parking on the street, if you’re lucky to get within a block of the place
5. I keep calling it Half Time Parks and Rec – I can’t stop