Monday, October 23, 2017

Xstream Cuisine – St. Paul, MN


I went to check out the Rummage MN event at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. I had walked around a while and was getting hungry, so I popped into Xstream Cuisine food truck for some lunch. The line wasn’t terribly long, but I could see that a few menu items had tape over them and appeared to be sold out. Thankfully, there was a jerk chicken wrap still available. I ordered one of those when I got to the front of the line. The woman working wasn’t the nicest person in the world and appeared frustrated when I ordered a jerk chicken wrap. She told me that there was a batch of jerk chicken in the oven, but she told it to me in such a way as if I should try to order something else. I told her very nicely I didn’t mind and I’d wait for the chicken. She sighed loudly, muttered under her breath and rung me up. She wasn’t having a great day.

I waited a pretty long time for my food, but so did everyone else, who were also probably waiting on the jerk chicken wrap – one of the only things that they weren’t sold out of. I eventually got my wrap and went and sat down. I heard the food truck lady snap at someone who asked about sauces, so I knew to go to the condiment table and figure it out myself. I got some sauce and napkins and sat back down.

The wrap wasn’t big, and was mostly rice. I had two small pieces of chicken in the whole wrap. Thankfully, the flavor of the rice was pretty delicious. But the chicken was hard to tell I had some because the pieces were so small and it was actually overwhelmed by the jerk rice flavor.  It was a pretty uneventful jerk chicken wrap, in all honesty.

I probably won’t go back to this food truck again, even if they have more items that aren’t sold out.

1 comment:

JeniEats said...

Bummer! I remember seeing this truck at a brewery once, but had just eaten dinner. The situation reminds me of someone I worked for who operated a food truck who was completely burnt out. -hopefully they're all refilled and refreshed for the future.