Thursday, February 9, 2023

The Rib Co. - Twentynine Palms, CA

I had read about this BBQ place when I was planning our trip out to Joshua Tree, and it got really good reviews. It was, of course, a hundred degrees when we stopped by this place and there was a guy working the grills with a smile standing outside in the heat. That’s a good sign. Plus the folks working the dining room inside were also very happy to see us.

 

The menu is more expansive than most BBQ places I’ve seen. Tons to look at, so when I saw there was a rib sampler on the menu, I decided to go with that, even though I knew it was going to be way too much food for me. It comes with a half rack of each of the five types of ribs, some sides, and corn muffins (with honey butter) – I got baked beans and mac and cheese. D ordered a combo meal with a half rack of triple threat ribs and pulled pork. She also got fries and mac and cheese for the sides. Well played.


The orders came out and they were massive. The rib sampler was piled high with meat. I’ll show you two photos, so you can get a good perspective. The overhead shot doesn’t do it justice until you see how high the stack is. I know what I read on the menu, but I still assumed it was going to be two or three of each kind of rib, not a half slab. It was, in fact, a half slab of each kind. In order of my favorite style: Triple Threat, Baby Back, Beef, St. Louis, House Rub. And please understand that fifth place on this list is still way better than most ribs I’ve had. These folks know what they’re doing. No wonder that guy working the smokers and grill was so happy. The baked beans were better than average and the mac and cheese also above average. Nothing here was meh, truly.

 D was happy with her Triple Threat half slab and the pulled pork was really flavorful with no gristle or fatty parts at all. And her fries were pretty solid, as well. Nothing out of a bag here. 

 

Tremendous showing all around here. And the best part was we literally had enough food left over for two additional meals. So three meals-worth of food for one visit – the other option might be to bring 6 of your closest friends to help you out. 

 

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who likes BBQ and I look forward to heading here again the next time I’m in town. It was way better than expected!

 

The Rib Co

72183 Twentynine Palms Hwy.

Twentynine Palms, CA 92277

No comments: