Saturday, November 6, 2021

Quick Review: Flock Chicken Chips (Hattie B's flavor)

Not sure how quick I can make this review. I'm a HUGE fan of these and I'm trying to spread the love. But, I also know some people will be absolutely horrified by the entire concept. I'll start with a checklist in this choose-your-own-adventure review.

There are three distinct sets of people who will like these chips (or "crisps" as they're called in the UK): 
  • Anyone who likes pork rinds or chicharrones
  • Anyone who does NOT pick the skin off their fried chicken
  • Keto and protein fans
If you're not in one of these groups, please move along. 

These Flock chips are literally fried chicken skin. Very similar to pork rinds, which are fried pig skins. I don't mean they are designed to appear like chicken skins - they ARE chicken skins that have been fried crispy and put into a bag. Yes, they are weird at first, but they are delicious. Addicting and delicious. They've got tons of protein and are low in carbs, which is why they're great for workout fiends. 

These delicious snacks are (right now) only sold online through their website store and they're only available in a case format - like 12. So you really have to either be wiling to take a gamble (which I AM), or have 11 other friends who are interested in trying them. The folks at Flock are targeting the small business or gyms that have their own vending machine or snack shop, which makes perfect sense. They've got a variety of flavors (including Cajun, plain, BBQ, and salt & vinegar), but I really love the partnership they did with Hattie B's Nashville Hot Chicken, one of the best inventions on the planet.

Just go to the website and try them out. Of if you have a small business, they're always running deals and specials, so support these fine folks. Brilliant idea and I'm so glad I took the gamble on these. I probably shouldn't tell you how many cases I've purchased over the past year, but it's .... more than two. Spend some money at Flock!!
Warning to purchasers, there is a silica pack in each bag - those little white pouch that keeps moisture content where it should be. There are small silica packs in each bag that are easily overlooked when you grab a handful of chips. Just want folks to be careful. Not even joking. 

Note to Flock Foods marketing: I'd be happy to be your spokesperson or shirtless marketing guy if you need me.

No comments: