Thursday, October 14, 2010

Carne Asada Bake at Costco – Eden Prairie, MN

TheDoctor had told me about this new item Costco was promoting in their cafeteria. He and I have shared a lot of cheap lunches at Costco in the past, so he knew I’d be game, no matter what. I had eaten the other chicken bake thing and it was decent, so I knew this would likely be tolerable at the very least.

The thing is a REALLY large pastry filled with carne asada, tomatoes, onions, and guacamole. I think normally, these things are more substantially constructed than mine was, but mine pretty much had the side blown out of it – like a whale you let sit in the sun too long and it blows up – I apparently read too much.

I was a little underwhelemed to be honest with you. I didn’t hit guacamole until about halfway through this thing and the onions were pretty overpowering (I’m also not a fan of onions at all, so that didn’t help). The pastry was a little soggy which likely explained the meat escape. It is completely impossible to eat this thing like a burrito. You HAVE to eat it with a fork. Maybe one fresh out of the oven would stand up to manhandling, but this flimsy version would not.

It’s a decent sandwich-type thing. Not stellar, and certainly not nearly as cheap as a polish and a soda. But I’d maybe eat it again if I were in the right mood. …And had more than three dollars on my person… hahahaha.

No comments: