Thursday, November 18, 2010

SugaRush – St. Paul, MN

D.Rough has me hooked on this doughnut place in St. Paul and I pretty much look for any opportunity to go there, even though I live on the southwest side of Minneapolis. It is 10,000% worth the drive. The people that work there are super nice and chat you up while you can’t decide between the 25 varieties of doughnuts they have. They place has wi-fi, so you can camp out for a while and do some work – I’m tempted to “work from home” much more often as this means I could “work from SugaRush”.

They have the best raised doughnut holes – even better than Dunkin Donuts – and pretty much everything there is delicious. You can get a free dozen doughnuts if you buy a dozen after 1pm (fantastic way to clear out inventory!), and you can even get a Vietnamese Coffee there (something D.Rough is a big fan of).

This particular trip, I scored a bear claw to eat there in the dining room, and then got a vanilla frosted doughnut for the road. D.Rough got a Bavarian Cream-filled chocolate doughnut and didn’t opt for the road doughnut.


Keep up the great work, SugaRush. You are the best doughnut place in Minnesota!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, the scale of our food choices makes me giggle.

D.Rough

Chao said...

Let's make a point not to use the word "scale" in our posts or comments... hahahahaha. I love that I have a GIANT doughtnut next to your wussy regular doughnut!!!

Gin said...

Awesome! I can't believe I didn't know about this place!