Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Mugg’s of Mille Lacs – Wahkon, MN

D.Rough and I have driven by signs advertising this place and finally decided to stop here. It’s a lake-side sort of dive bar with delicious-looking food, so why not?!

The menu is pretty small, but it does have some interesting things on it. We stopped looking when we came across this specific appetizer that is like something out of my dreams. House-made loaded tater tots stuffed with cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, and some spices, then served with a jalapeno ranch dip. And when you’re up north, you should find yourself some walleye – in this case, a walleye sandwich. Also, a bunch of beer.
The food arrived and was everything we wanted it to be. The tots were like magical pillows with a spicy dipping sauce. Just enough bacon to taste it, but not be the only thing you tasted. A perfect fry on these, as well, which I know it isn’t easy to do with housemade tots. 


The walleye sandwich was also really good. Nice breading on the fish itself and a good tartar sauce. Decent onion rings, as well. I was pretty happy with this and I’m glad I split the sandwich with D.Rough. Otherwise, I would have been really full. 

Sorry for the short review – it was a quick stop, but one that we’ll make again, for sure. IT’s solid bar food and not simple burgers and fries. 

No comments: