Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hyland Ski Hill (Morty’s) (Again, Again) – Bloomington, MN

Yes, I’ve reviewed Morty’s recently, so think of this as a review of the sandwich I went to Morty’s for, this time. Every week Morty has a handful of new sandwiches, wraps, and salads, and they’re always tasty and unique. I now get Morty’s menu e-mailed to me every week so I know if I need to go there for lunch – the answer is usually YES.

This week, they had what is called the Tater Burger - a third pound ground angus cooked medium and topped with garlic mashed potatoes, smoked bacon, chives, sour cream and cheddar cheese on a fresh grilled bun with lettuce and tomato. I had to have this burger, so I called some former co-workers (including DawgMan and PageantLady) and met them there.

The burger is difficult to eat – that’s where the bad stops. Lots of stuff squished out onto my plate when I bit into it, but I got most of the ingredients into my mouth (twss) in every bite. It was delicious. The garlic in the potatoes really came through and the cheddar cheese melted down nicely and also stood its own ground against all the other flavors. It was one of the better burgers I’ve had here. Well played, Morty.

No comments: