Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cheesecake Heaven – Green Bay, WI

While in Green Bay at the North Central Regional Roller Derby Championships, Garrison Killer, one of the most awesome people in the world, mentioned he had gone to Cheesecake Heaven for lunch. It sounded delicious and I couldn’t get the image out of my head. Plus, whenever possible, I LOVE to torture my sister, NotMomsFavorite, with photos of cheesecake, since she’s an incurable cheesecake addict.

After running all kinds of errands (including a trip to the holloween store with the Minnesota Rollergirls Allstars)(If you EVER want to laugh yourself stupid at a Halloween store, then go with rollergirls), I tricked the ladies in my car into going to the Cheesecake Heaven with me.

This place seems to have a bit of everything snack-worthy. It’s got sandwichy things and breakfasty things, coffee things and cookie things, and of course, cheesecake things. There is a case with individual slices in a rotating cabinet. It had some standards like traditional and some caramel covered things and raspberry flavored. I went right to the main refrigerated case which held the holy grail of cheesecake – Monster Cookie Dough Cheesecake.

Yeah, it’s ridiculous. I scored a slice of that, as well as a Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cannoli. The guy mistakenly put in a chocolate covered Oreo in the bag, but I told him to leave it in there and I’d pay for it, since D.Rough needed some Oreo Cheesecake.

I’ll be honest with you, we ate everything so fast, I never once thought about taking a photo of the individual pieces. I sent my sister the above photos to prove I was at the Mecca for cheesecake and she was appropriately angry with me. It was worth it though.

The cheesecake was delicious and I’ll probably hit this place up again when I go back to Green Bay in March of next year. I can’t do a top 5 because Monster Cookie Dough Cheesecake would be all of the top 5 and there wouldn’t be a bottom 5. So just pretend I did, this time.

www.cheesecakeheaven.com

No comments: