Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Boston Burger Company – Boston, MA


 
I was in the mood for something ridiculous for lunch, so I tracked down some food options worth my time. The Boston Burger Company in Back Bay was one of those places with creative burger combinations, so I headed over there. They even had a patio seat available, so I got to sit out in the elements and people watch – a great thing to do less than half a block from Berklee College of Music.

The menu has a ton of burgers on it (obviously), but I kind of already knew which one I wanted. The 420 Burger. This monstrosity has American cheese, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, mac & cheese, BBQ sauce, and potato wedges. Like I said: ridiculous.

It came to my table pretty quickly, and looked impressive. I even got a few nods of approval from passers-by. This thing has so many ingredients on it, no matter how hard you smoosh it down, you’re still not going to be able to get your mouth around this thing. It’s massive. Thankfully, that also means there some awesome ingredients in every bite. The meat was super flavorful, and you could still taste it even with all the other ingredients. The coleslaw, sadly, was pretty boring. Mostly mayo and just not a lot of flavor. If I had something spicy and needed to cool my mouth off, it would have been amazing. Sadly, no heat-quenching was needed.

The side of house-made thick-cut potato chips were pretty delicious, however. No complaints on these things. I even tucked a few chips onto my burger for another layer of awesomeness.

Overall, this place was pretty fantastic and I’d recommend this to a lot of people. They’ve got a burger special each week or month and you should look for that burger before you decide on something on the menu. Sometimes specials sneak up on you and ruin your plans for ordering. Lots of good beers on tap, as well, so it’s definitely worth looking up if you’re in town.

Top 5 things about Boston Burger Company
1. 420 Burger
2. Wonderful burger ideas
3. Solid beer list
4. Servers were extra friendly without being annoying
5. Outside patio for people watching

Bottom 5 things
1. Coleslaw
2. I didn’t even notice the adult milkshakes until I was halfway through my meal
3. There were tons of people going to the boring places on either side of this for some reason – WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
4. I wanted everything on the menu – I know that isn’t technically THEIR fault
5. Please don’t refer to this restaurant by its acronym or you might confuse people about what you put in your mouth at lunch


3 comments:

Christina said...

love this review. can we please share it on our facebook page? please email: christina.orso@bostonburgerco.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sometimes specials sneak up on you and ruin your plans for ordering. Lots of good beers on tap, as well, so it’s definitely worth looking up if you’re in town.
elderly home care boston