Friday, July 14, 2017

La La Homemade Ice Cream – Minneapolis, MN


Who doesn’t love ice cream? Idiots, I guess. Everyone has strong feelings about their favorite ice cream place and we’ve had some friends recommend various places in the Twin Cities (and abroad, really). Oddly, none of our friends have mentioned La La, and it’s been around for a little while (like 1993, according to the website). We were in Uptown and figured we’d better stop by.

D got a couple of scoops in a cone and I really wasn’t impressed by any of the ice cream flavors – weird for me. I ended up going with a strawberry soda. We didn’t take any photos, so I apologize. Both of the scoops of ice cream were near-flavorless. I tried a couple of bites of each flavor and couldn’t tell them apart. Disappointed. My soda had less flavor than a La Croix sparkling water, and I’m not really a fan of those. Again, disappointed.

This is probably why none of our friends are really talking about this place. I hate to give negative reviews, but sometimes, you’ve got to call it like you see it. (That being said, the place is pretty adorable on the inside and the staff working there were SUPER nice, for what it’s worth.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so don't agree with you! I'm so tired of over sugared ice cream (Milkjam Creamery is soooo overrated), La La and Pumphouse Creamery are the BEST in Minneapolis where you can actually taste the "sweet cream". I've had quite a few flavors at La La, the Raspberry Honey and Basil being 2 of my favorite and the ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookie were amazing. I think you should give it another try!