Saturday, October 30, 2021

Honey-Jam Café – Bolingbrook, IL

We were in Bolingbrook, visiting some family and thought we’d go out for some breakfast. I’m not always a breakfast person, but when I go out, I like to make it count. Plus, I was with my niece and nephews, so I like to remind them and make sure they know that I’m the crazy uncle.  

Everyone appeared to be ordering safe, so I channeled my inner 5-year-old and ordered the most ridiculous thing on the menu. A giant waffle covered in strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, graham crackers, whipped cream, Fruity Pebbles, and a healthy covering of frosting. It’s like a waffle circus on a plate. 

And when the niece and nephews (and my in-laws) saw this thing come out, I knew I had succeeded in reminding them that my version of culinary genius is a little different than most folks’. Mission accomplished. Also, this thing was really damn good. Full disclosure: this monstrosity did not need syrup. hahaha


Honey-Jam Café

120 E. Boughton Road

Bolingbrook, IL 60440

www.honeyjamcafe.com

No comments: