Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Wendy's Breakfast Croissant Sammich

Yes, I know Wendy's has had breakfast sandwiches since 2019, but I finally got around to eating one. And I'm posting it here, in case I forget and need to be reminded at some point in the future - I'm not getting any younger and the memory is starting to fade...

Full disclosure: I'm a die hard Burger King Croissan'Wich (or Crow Sammich, as I call them) fan from way back. Nothing in the fast food breakfast world can touch this. So, obviously, I compare all breakfast items to this. I knew Wendy's had rolled out a similar sandwich, and I knew I needed to compare and contrast them. 


The Wendy's breakfast sandwich is very similar to Burger King - Croissant for a bun, sausage, egg, and cheese. Yes, the croissants are very similar - light and flaky and fun of delicious butter/grease. The sausage  patty is probably from a different company, but it isn't noticeably different in seasoning or flavor. The egg is basically an egg - yes, the Wendy's one is sort of a two-colored ordeal to make it look real, while the Burger King egg is more of a square shaped omelet. The only real difference is the type of cheese. Wendy's uses a slice of Swiss cheese, and the Burger King one uses a slice of American cheese. So it kind of comes down to personal preference on these, honestly. Some people don't like the slight funk of Swiss cheese and some people don't believe that American cheese is actually cheese. So it's up to you. 

The bottom line is that they're EXTREMELY similar. I'll still give a slight edge to Burger King for nostalgia's sake, but it's good to know that if there's really a breakfast sandwich emergency, I can get what I need at Wendy's.

No comments: