Friday, April 2, 2010

Bryant Lake Bowl – Minneapolis, MN

I’ve been a fan of Bryant Lake Bowl since I moved here, but strangely, I’ve never done a post about it. Since we’ve been shooting down HotGirlsBrother’s idea to go to the Country Bar every week after eyeopeners, we’ve been jumping at the chance to try fun places after morning drinking on Sundays. This week, he suggested Bryant Lake Bowl, and I GLADLY obliged. We called a couple of the eyeopener no-shows and told them we were walking over to Bryant Lake Bowl and they could meet us there.

I know Smallz ranks the Bryant Lake Bowl in his top 5 places with BBQ pulled pork, so I knew right away what I was going to get: The BBQ Bowler. It’s a biscuit topped with pulled pork and cheddar scramble and served with greens. You HAVE to get the BLB fries when you’re there, so it’s best to replace the greens with BLB fries and save yourself the trouble of regret. This is exactly what I did.

The service here is almost always good, so no complaints there. The guy made sure we were well taken care. He brought out our food pretty quickly, especially considering how busy there were during lunch on a Sunday.

As usual, this meal was perfect. I agree the pulled pork is one of the best in the area and this time was no different. Flaky biscuit and lots of pork and eggs. I threw some sri racha on the potatoes (they’re cut in slices, like potato chips), and that kicked them up to the appropriate level. I REALLY like this dish and I’d recommend it at any time of day. However, I know there are people who simply can’t eat eggs at non-breakfast times – I don’t get it, but I have to accept it.

Sorry there wasn’t a lot of detail in this post, but it’s pretty short and simple. I’m biased since I eat here every once in a while and I don’t want to share too many of those biases. They do also have some great girly drinks if that’s your thing. Normally, it’s my thing, but I had plenty at the VFW, so I was already set. Just go here. You won’t regret anything about BLB. Heck, bowl a couple of games afterwards. It only adds to the charm of this place.

www.bryantlakebowl.com

No comments: