Friday, December 24, 2010

Curry n Noodles – Hopkins, MN

RubyVita and I like to hang out from time to time and write up various food adventures together. We hadn’t met for food in a long time, so we thought we would make it happen for lunch today. We tried to go to El Coqui in Minnetonka, but it apparently was closed for remodeling. So we went to our second choice – Curry n Noodles.

This place is an Indo-Chinese Bistro, so it’s got a little bit of everything on the menu. I had checked out their menu a few times before, so I was prepared for it, but then they threw a wrench in the works by having a delicious looking lunch buffet. I had to get that, of course – try a little of everything.

I loaded up my first plate with all kinds of unpronounceable things. I made a special point to remember some of the names (at least long enough to write them down on a piece of paper so I wouldn’t forget them right away, like I always do), of the dishes, in case I ever came back here for dinner and needed to order off the menu.

I had Dal Makhani - Kidney beans and lentils, Chili Chicken, Butter Chicken, Vegetable Pakora, Hakka Noodles, Chicken Biryani, some yellow curried yogurt with vegetables (possibly vegetable khorma), and some Gajar Ka Halwa (carrot pudding).

I had to make a couple of trips to make sure I had tested everything. I liked pretty much everything here. RubyVita appeared to like everything as well – at least she didn’t spit anything out on the table in disgust, which is usually a good sign with her. It was pretty good Indian food. Not the best in the Twin Cities, but I certainly would eat here again. I was a little disappointed they didn’t have Kheer since I was kind of in a sweet mood after the meal, but I’ll live without the dessert, I guess.

Top 5 things about Curry n Noodles
1. Chili Chicken
2. Vegetable Pakora
3. Butter Chicken
4. Yellow curried yogurt with vegetables
5. Very friendly and helpful waitstaff and hosts

Bottom 5 things
1. It’s really cramped in the dining room. Lots of tables maximizing every inch of available space
2. No real desserty things I was looking for after the meal
3. It’s not really that close to work
4. I realized I’m a food snob (after D.Rough keeps telling me that repeatedly) sitting next to extra white people who have never tried Indian food and trying to talk about it like they know something…sigh…breathe…
5. It’s heavy on the “Indo” and not so much on the “Chinese” part

www.currynnoodles.com

3 comments:

lisysomna said...

Hello, I also would like to comment over all the points mentioned in this blog. I agree with essence of few point but somewhere I found myself on other place. I hope, there might little opinion of others as well. Noodle in Twin Cities

lisysomna said...

I enjoyed your weblog. It’s easy to scan, the content is good, and you’re an informed author not like most of the blogs I locate when reckoning on this subject. Noodle in Twin Cities




lisysomna said...

Wonderful article! I wish I had your insight on this topic and could write as well as you. I hope many people get the opportunity to enjoy this great content. Japanese noodle in Minneapolis