Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Giordano’s Pizza – Chicago, IL

D.Rough and I are on a mission to figure out which of the three (or four) authentic Chicago pizza places we like best. We’ve done Gino’s East together, and I’ve done all the other ones on previous occasions. I wanted to take her, and a bunch of crazy roller derby players and spouses, to Giordano’s – my favorite of the three – the third being Lou Malnati’s, and the fourth being Pizzeria Uno.

30 of us rolled into the downtown Giordano’s location and tried to sit as close to a group as possible. We managed fairly well.



This pizza is known for its super thick toppings and more closely resembling a “pie” since it has a second layer of crust on the top of the pizza.

Our little foursome decided to get a large stuffed cheese pizza with pepperoni and green peppers. That should be more than enough for us. Plus D.Rough got some sort of girly drink and I got a cheap margarita.

The pizza here is delicious. I really enjoy it. It’s super thick and there are tons of toppings.

I honestly think it is my favorite pizza of all time. I’m a topping guy though. D.Rough is a crust lover, so she really like the corn mealy crust of Gino’s East more than this. However, I think most people here loved this pizza. Seriously. It really is pretty awesome pizza. Sure, it’s not all that authentic Italian, but that’s really not what Chicago pizza is all about. It’s about making you fat. Thank you Giordano’s for helping me be fat.

www.giordanos.com

1 comment:

Kristi said...

YUM!!!!! I haven't had Chicago pizza (in Chicago in a few years) but would love to do a tour like you're doing. Nice job!