Monday, June 11, 2012

Bacon Trolley Foodtruck – St. Paul

Another Wednesday, another day I get to meet friends in downtown St. Paul for food trucks! We chose a different location in hopes that we’d run across the macaroni and cheese truck, but it wasn’t in Mears Park, as we had hoped. Sad face. There were also only two food trucks – one bacon-themed and the other Italian-themed. Remember I said we had some vegetarians in our group? Well, this merely provided a needed narrowing of choices for them. Hahahaha. Sorry, ladies.


I, of course, went directly to the Bacon Trolley.

 
The people there were very fun and gave me crap for walking past their truck initially. I told them I had to find shade while waiting for my friends, but I knew for sure I would be back. They have a lot of pork-related items on the menu (not JUST bacon), so I actually had to ask for recommendations. I finally decided on the Pork Carnitas Tacos. And for dessert, “just bacon” (that’s the menu item, actually). It’s hard to go wrong with that kind of order.

 
I heard my name yelled and grabbed my food. It was much more food than I had anticipated, and was really grateful, since I was starving. There were three street-style tacos filled with shredded pork, salsa, and cilantro. The tortillas got a little messy towards the end, but the flavor was pretty darn good. No complaints at all (aside from maybe needing a few more – I’m a big eater)!

 
On to dessert! Three bacon strips wrapped in waxed paper. Nothing fancy, but I can honestly say this was the best bacon I’ve had in a long time. Thick cut and fried perfectly. I’m not sure where they get their bacon from, but it’s the best flavor I’ve had in months. Maybe since the Minnesota State Fair. It shouldn’t have been as good as it was, but it was the best part of the meal.

I’ll be back, wonderful ladies of the Bacon Trolley. I’ll be back.

No comments: