Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Taco Bell Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco


TheDoctor and I thought we’d go check out the new Doritos Locos taco at Taco Bell. I was a little underwhelmed with the Nacho Cheese Doritos Loco taco, but I was willing to give the new one a shot.

First off, it’s quite confusing ordering one of these – you have to specific whether you want the original nacho cheese flavored taco (and compound that with the fact they have things with nacho cheese on the menu already) or the Cool Ranch flavored shell. Then you have the option of the original taco or the supreme. It’s a significant process, especially the first week these things have been out – the staff might be a tad unprepared for this product launch.

Maybe it’s because I expected to be underwhelmed and maybe it’s because I’m not a huge fan of Cool Ranch Doritos, but I wasn’t expecting to like this as much as I did. I think the flavor is subtle on the outside of the shell and enhances the ingredients, rather than adds a new flavor. I was really surprised it was as good as it was. I’d order another one of these anytime. And I’d order one of these before I’d order one of the original nacho cheese Doritos Locos taco.

Well done, Taco Bell test kitchen. I know it was only a matter of time before you added the cool ranch style, but you did well. And I also love the new commercials with the Spanish version of Lionel Ritchie’s song. Brilliant.

Also, have I mentioned I love going to lunch with TheDoctor? I never know where the conversation is going to lead. I had no idea that conversation was going to be about caramel ho-ho’s being thrown out the window of a moving car on the interstate.

No comments: