Friday, September 4, 2015

Tin Fish – Edina, MN


My friend Paulio and I hadn’t met for lunch for a while and thought we’d better remedy that. Since Morty’s has been closed due to the renovations, Paulio thought we’d better do another golf-themed lunch place. Apparently, there is a Tin Fish location in the clubhouse of the Braemer Golf Course in Edina (basically Eden Prairie). It’s pretty much a fancy snack shop with a delicious menu.

The menu is pretty seafood heavy, but that’s what their main restaurant location in Minneapolis is known for, so no surprise there. I’ve been in the mood for fish n chips, so I ordered that. They do serve beer and wine, but I opted out since I had a couple of meetings to hit up. We grabbed a seat outside on the patio, despite the fact that it was a billion degrees out (closer to 92, but who’s counting when it goes over 70- degrees). We got caught up and the food showed up during the first of many of my embellished work stories.

The batter on the fish and chips is the crumbly panko crust variety, rather than the thick beer batter on most fish n chips. I was also surprised the fish, while plentiful, were in very small fingers or slivers, rather than a larger piece or three. The crumbly batter was a little floppy for my taste, although the fish inside was pretty delicious. The slaw was the vinegar-y kind and good, but a little dry, like they didn’t use enough vinegar. The waffle fries were the best part though. Big fan of these and there were a ton of them. Overall, the whole meal was fine, but not mind-blowing. I know not every meal has to be, but this one was right down the middle good. I may end up back here again if I’m looking for some unique place to eat, or need to get in a round of golf over lunch (the course is under serious construction this summer, but next year, it’s going to be awesome). Thankfully, it’s pretty close to me work, so it wasn’t a huge inconvenience to get here – less than a 10-minute drive.

Not enough to do a Top 10 list, but it’s a decent lunch place.

No comments: