Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Morty's Snack Shop - Bloomington, MN

I've waited all winter for this place to open and it has finally happened! I've raved about this place every year and have tried to get people to go here since my very first visit. It's a small snack shop in the ski lodge of the Hyland Snowboard and Ski Area and Golf Practice Center. The guy only operates it in the summer and it's a fantastic place to eat lunch with friends. You can eat outside on the patio and watch people at the driving range or disc golf course. There is a standard menu of delicious lunch items (sandwiches, wraps, and salads) and each week, the folks there put together a handful of interesting and tasty "special" items. (Get on the e-mail list and you'll get a weekly menu sent to you the friday before!)

Today, I invited DawgMan (since he's the one that got me hooked on Morty's ni the first place) and we got caught up since it had been a few months. We both had a difficult time deciding between the Brazilian sandwich they had and the Ragin' Cajun burger. We both ended up with the Ragin' Cajun. It's a burger covered in pulled pork, and then topped with cajun seasoned coleslaw. And of course, you have to get the cajun tots on the side.

Delicious burger. I really loved it!

I'll never quit raving about this place (although, today was the busiest I've seen Morty's - maybe my raving is paying off!).

Hyland Golf Practice Center (Morty's Snack Shop)
8800 Chalet Road
Bloomington, MN 55438

No comments: