Friday, April 15, 2016

Bane and Axis – Triple Rock, MN



I’ve never been a huge fan of the band Bane, but a friend of mine had an extra ticket to see them on their final farewell tour. They’re a pretty influential band in the positive (or “posi”) hardcore scene, so I thought I’d better check them out one last time. I’d seen them before, but it’s been a few years, so why not!?

The opening band was a band out of Florida called Axis. Actually, these guys were pretty awesome. Lots of energy and good (i.e. professional) equipment. These guys were all over the small stage at the Triple Rock and lots of folks in the crowd knew their stuff. I’d better check these guys out on CD – hopefully, this isn’t THEIR farewell tour, as well.

Bane took the stage and sounded fantastic. They’ve got great energy – it also helps that everyone in the crowd knew all the lyrics, so when the singer was sick of singing, he just held the mic out for the crowd to sing. The band is great at what they do. The singer, in typical posi fashion, had a lot to say about the state of the world, the state of the people dancing in front of the band, and a lot of other topics. That’s all well and good, but I come from a more negative hardcore background where you show up to see bands and knock people down. It’s not bad, it’s just a different style than I’m used to. I’m an adult and know when not to roll my eyes. Again, this band is dead solid and looked like they were having fun on stage – that’s all I ask.

No comments: