Monday, October 30, 2017

El Patron – Winona, MN



The guys and I headed to Southeastern Minnesota for a little disc golf road trip. We popped into El Patron for a lunch break and got a little liquored up. Well, *I* did, since I got a giant margarita.

I opted for the Twin Chimis lunch special. It was a chicken and a beef chimichanga cut into four pieces and covered with cheese and enchilada sauce. It showed up pretty quickly, but what did I care? I had a giant margarita.

The chimichangas were surprisingly good. I don’t know why I was surprised, but I am usually surprised when I get good Mexican food in Minnesota. I tried to figure out which one of these chimis I liked better, but I liked them both the same. It wasn’t swimming in cheese nor enchilada sauce, which was nice. The tortilla shell was fried perfectly and not greasy. Really, there’s not much more to ask for with this. The server was nice and the margarita was delicious.

I’d go back if I was in this part of the state again. Without question.

No comments: