Thursday, October 5, 2017

Mia’s Tex-Mex – Dallas, TX



When in Texas, I feel like you should eat Tex-Mex at least once. I did zero culinary research on this, prior to arriving in Texas, so I simply looked up Tex-Mex restaurants in Dallas and went to one that had “Tex-Mex” in the name. Just being transparent with my decision-making.

The inside of the place looks like a typical Mexican restaurant, so know that going in. It does have a pretty solid Mexican menu, however – this I was impressed with. I know I was supposed to get brisket tacos, which is about a Tex-Mex as you can actually get, but all I wanted was good Mexican food. (Let’s be honest – all I REALLY wanted was a big margarita, which I got.)


I wanted to try a couple of things, so I went with one of the combo platters – the Guadalajara Dinner. It’s got a beef taco, a bean chalupa (like a tostada), a chili cheese enchilada and a cheese enchilada. The taco and chalupa were good, but how good can those really be? You can find this kind of thing at most places. I was happy with these, and not disappointed at all.

That being said, the two enchiladas were pretty darn amazing. The cheese enchilada was a great mixture of cheese to form a sauce on top of the enchilada. The chili cheese enchilada was superb – great smoky flavor on the chili sauce and the cheddar cheese added a fun punch of flavor. This made me NOT regret skipping the brisket tacos that I was probably supposed to get. I really liked these two items a lot!

What I think I’ve discovered is that you can turn Mexican food into Tex-Mex by adding orange cheese instead of white cheese. Correct me if I’m wrong.

No comments: