Someone made the mistake of mentioning pizza at work and you could see the light bulbs going on – we need to order pizza for lunch. They had to verify that I would eat a non-meat pizza as one of the vegetarians here suggested Umbria. I DO eat vegetables, I just choose not to when I have the choice. Seeing as I didn’t, I decided to shut up and eat what they ordered.
We checked out the menu and found a ton of different very unique and specialized pizzas available. All kinds of meaty ones and all kinds of veggie ones. We went with a Spinache Special Pizza. Spinach leaves, parmesan, smoked cheddar, mozzarella, feta, green onions, garlic and Umbria herbs. Just a large, since four of us were eating. And since they delivered, we didn’t have to do anything.
This pizza was awesome. Really. One of the best I’ve had since I’ve moved up here. It’s a little pricey, but honestly, it was worth it. Tons of flavors (multiple cheeses rule) and they worked well together. I ended up eating three pieces and got plenty full.
I have a feeling I’ll be swinging by this place in the future…
Top 5 things about Umbria
1. Awesome pizza
2. Really large and diverse menu
3. Was not covered in green onions
4. Didn’t have to get in my car to get it
5. I still had my morning Dew left over to drink with lunch
Bottom 5 things
1. Gerd loved to try new pizza places. I know she would have liked one with 4 cheese on it
2. A tad pricey, but I got over it fast
3. I wanted to eat three more pieces
4. On my trip to Italy next week, I won’t be seeing how authentic Umbria Pizza really is
5. Coke products (in-store)