Monday, January 3, 2011

Beefy Crunch Burrito at Taco Bell – Eden Prairie, MN

I needed to try the new menu item at Taco Bell and today seemed like the right day. I had seen a quick advertisement for the Beefy Crunch Burrito, so that was my mission for today.

I ordered it (along with a bunch of other things because I’m working on my “winter weight” to keep me better insulated) and headed back to work. I always want to take photos of the insides of these things, but they all look similar, so I did the next best thing. I took a couple of bites and then took the photo so you could sort of see the inside.

The beef is in there with some cheese and also some red-dyed Frito corn chips. Now I love corn chips, but this wasn’t what I expected. And I don’t mean that in a bad way. I regularly put corn chips and other chips in my sandwiches, but this was something different. This was Mexican food.

The first few bites were pretty good, to be honest with you. Not blow me away good, but good enough to get another one. It reminded me of a “walking taco” or “taco in a bag” – which ever your part of the country calls them. In fact, this was probably what the inventors were thinking of when they decided tacos weren’t portable enough. Hahaha.

I will tell you that half way through the beefy crunch burrito, the corn chips were soggy and no longer crunchy. I had waited too long to eat the new item and had instead started with the other things I had purchased. I should have started with this item – remember this when you order one: Start with the Beefy Crunch Burrito and then move to other items.

Enjoy. I know I’ll be enjoying another one soon!

www.tacobell.com/menuitem/Beefy-Crunch-Burrito

No comments: