Friday, September 23, 2011

Chicken Bacon Ranch Chicken Flatbread Sandwich at Taco Bell – Eden Prairie, MN

I like to try new things that Taco Bell launches and I’ve seen the ridiculous cooking-show-inspired commercial for the new chicken flatbread sandwiches they have. I was out and about for lunch, so I thought I’d pick one up.

The nice thing is they come in those $5 boxes Taco Bell has, which really are a good deal. Sometimes I don’t want to think about ordering and I just grab a box since there’s a variety of stuff in there. I ordered the Bacon Ranch Chicken Flatbread $5 Box – ordering this reminds me of those people that have a 25-word order at Starbucks for their special coffee. Hahahaha.

I started in on it and sadly was a little underwhelmed. It’s basically a square taco, but it’s in a pita shell. The flavors all sort of mixed together into what I like to call a meh-sauce. You could tell you were chewing something, but you really couldn’t decipher anything. I was about halfway through the thing before I noticed the severe lack of bacon. I opened it back up and checked the remaining innards for bacon. Nuthin. Angrily, I hopped on the Taco Bell website to find out what the deal was. As it turns out, the ranch is actually a “bacon ranch”, so NOT two separate ingredients as one might suspect. This was a serious let down. Sadly, I ate an entirely bacon-less lunch.

I wouldn’t order the chicken flatbread sandwich again, especially not the bacon ranch one. Maybe the plain version is more straight forward with its flavor and is less covered up by the meh-sauce. But someone else will have to check for me. I’m too jaded by missing out on bacon. You might say it left a bad taste in my mouth – I can’t believe I haven’t used that line yet on this site. Weird.

2 comments:

online pharmacy said...

I enjoy s much eat beacon and this looks so delicious

Unknown said...

Can you please bring this back to Jackson rd Taco Bell in Ann Arbor MI