Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Shish – St. Paul, MN



TattooBoy and I needed to get some breakfast after a hard night of after-partying. I had been wanting to check out Shish in St. Paul, and he was game, so we headed over. The menu is on large boards hanging on the walls, so it was pretty easy to figure out what we both wanted. They’ve got a lot of Middle Eastern-leaning dishes, but also a wide variety of more traditional American items for those less adventurous (no judgment). I was drawn to the Chaksuka, and TattooBoy went with a serious Turkey and Cheese Omelet. 

While we waited for our food to come out, TattooBoy had a great view of the fancy cake display case, so it was only a matter of time before he caved…

My Chaksuka looked fantastic, and better yet, it TASTED fantastic. It was a cast iron pan full of grilled sweet red peppers, roasted roma tomatoes, garlic and onions, and an egg. It came with a bunch of accoutrements like kalamata olives, feta, pineapple slices, pepperocinis, tomatoes, fried potatoes, and a ton of pita triangles. The people here do not want you to leave hungry EVER.

TattooBoy was really happy with his omelet with turkey sausage and cheese, but that certainly didn’t stop him from grabbing a piece of incredible pistachio cake. Which made me think, “I should get something to bring home to D.Rough!” I’m glad I did – that Bailey’s cake they made here was top-notch!

There were a bunch of things I’d get on the menu here, so I look forward to going back here.

No comments: