Sunday, December 13, 2015

Taste of Asia – Eden Prairie, MN


A friend of mine told me about an Asian restaurant in a gas station in Eden Prairie. Obviously, my curiosity was piqued. Since I had a slow day at work, I drove over there and checked it out. It’s not technically in a gas station, but it’s in the same building as a bunch of other retail shops – sort of like a gas station strip mall.

Taste of Asia has an enormous menu to choose from. I’d guess close to a hundred items on the list including both traditional Chinese menu items, but mostly Vietnamese items (Pho, BunRice, Com Tam, and other noodle soups. During lunch hours, they have a small buffet, which caught my attention, even though I wasn’t planning on gorging myself (who am I kidding?). While waiting for a table to be wiped down for me, I heard three different tables order multiple #8. The menu tells me that’s the Pho that people were getting, so clearly, I’ll be ordering #8 when I go there next time.

The buffet had 4 or 5 entrees, two different kinds of egg rolls, cream cheese wontons, two soups, fried and white rice, and a few other things. It doesn’t sound small when I explain it all, but it’s in a relatively small space, so it appears small. I tried as much as I could. Kung Pao Chicken, Sesame Chicken, Vegetable Lo Mein, Fried Rice, Egg Drop Soup, Chinese Egg Rolls and Vietnamese Egg Rolls, Cream Cheese Puffs, and probably other things. All of which were much better than average. Maybe not the best in the world (sometimes the buffet-portions diminish the taste and texture of various foods), but it was definitely above average and delicious.

The whole thing is about $8, as well, so I’m pretty happy with that. The food was really good and it’s close to work. It’s pretty much got all of my boxes checked for a wonderful lunch place. I’ll be back, without question. Next time, I’m either getting the Pho or the Hot and Spicy Chicken. 

Taste of Asia
12619 Valley View Rd.
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

1 comment:

godgunner said...

where do you work that place is like 5 min from the place i work.
Small world, been reading your blog since the old BBQ quest.