Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pastrami Jacks – Eden Prairie, MN

My work folks took me to Pastrami Jacks for my birthday lunch. I’d heard of it, but never been there. After this experience though, I’ll be back for sure.

I ordered a “Triple Play Sandwich Combination” – Corned Beef, Pastrami, and Brisket on a roll with Swiss cheese. Sounded monstrous and expensive, but since the boss was paying, what the heck?! It comes with a side, so I got some wild rice soup.

When this thing came out, I was shocked. It was three separate sandwiches. Three separate LARGE sandwiches. So I got one of each meat. Even though this wasn’t what I thought I was getting, it ended up working out very well, since I took one sandwich home for dinner.

The meat was incredibly tender on the pastrami and the corned beef. Juicy without being sloppy and served on a soft roll with a slice of swiss cheese. Really a quality sandwich. Actually, two quality sandwiches, as I’ve only eaten two of them. I’m looking forward to eating the last one on the way home this evening. Ha ha. [BTW, the third sammich was awesome as well - sorry to leave you hanging.]

The wild rice soup was also excellent. I am not sure what I expected with this, but what I got was something totally different. It was thick, like a chowder, and had chunks of chicken in it as well as a couple other veggies (and wild rice). It was waaay better than I expected.

Pastrami Jack’s is also much larger than I thought it was when I saw the front of the building. It’s kind of in a strip mall, but there’s a huge pond / small lake behind it, so it’s quite picturesque if you sit in the back of the restaurant and look out the large windows. They also have very classy flat screen TVs behind the register, showing you photos of their food and listing specials and such. Very nice touch and very modern without being tacky.

Just go here.

Top 5 things about Pastrami Jack’s
1. Pastrami sammich
2. Wild Rice soup
3. Corned Beef sammich
4. Super service people
5. Brisket (I’m just assuming since I haven’t eaten it yet)

Bottom 5 things
1. Gerd loved going to Delis and would have loved this meaty place
2. No Dew
3. Pickle and cole slaw bar – neither of which I eat
4. Portions are enormous (not really a bad thing in my book, but I heard complaints from my co-workers)
5. Hilarious signage about having Jack for breakfast – liquid breakfast anyone?

www.pastramijacks.com

No comments: