I got a call from TheDoctor to go out for some drinks in the Uptown area. They were headed to the Bulldog and I remember having a great meal there once back in the day. This time was no different (except it was at dinner time and there were quite a few more drunk people). The Bulldog has an awesome menu full of all kinds of hot dogs, hamburgers, and sandwiches, and they all look fantastic.
After I changed my mind about 12 times, I decided on the Tater Tot Hot Dish. Everyone else at the table ordered Cajun tater tots, so I asked if I could have my taters Cajun-ized. I was soooo glad I did. My food came out and looked delicious.
So delicious in fact that a number of people sampled it for me while I was talking. But truly, this thing was delicious. It was basically a kind of beef stew with green beans and covered with a layer of Cajun tater tots. Brilliant concept these Minnesotans have. One of the guys at the table called it a tater tot stew, which is a pretty apt description. The tots were seasoned, but not insanely spicy, and cooked to the perfect crispiness. I believe this was the right choice for dinner, especially coupled with a tequila sunrise, which I got mocked heavily for.
Then Smallz found some angry Japanese minnow fisherman drink and convinced the bartender to make it for us by handing over his iPhone with the recipe on it. It had like 8 different liquors in it, so it was pretty potent, and a tad girl-y if I do say so myself. I might look up the recipe and make a pitcher for the my fridge as well. Don’t worry, I drank a bunch of water and stood around watching the battle between Smalls and TheDoctor on Golden Tee. That will sober anyone up.
Just go here and eat this thing. You won’t regret it. I’m now trying to figure out when I can get back there next.
Top 5 things about the Bulldog
1. Tater Tot Hot Dish with Cajun seasoning
2. Tequila sunrise – you can’t miss with that drink
3. Watching golden tee smack-talking
4. You can hear yourself talk here because the jukebox is turned down low
5. Sat by the door so got to watch the really eclectic crowd parade through
Bottom 5 things
1. Gerd loved all things tater tot and she never got to try this amazing food
2. I’m really upset that I didn’t know about this years ago
3. Got mocked for my tequila sunrise
4. Couldn’t hear the juke box that my friends stuffed full of money so they could be in control
5. I’m going to be hard pressed to try something else on the menu next time I go here