Friday, July 15, 2011

Town Hall Brewery – Minneapolis, MN

It has been a while since I’ve reviewed the Town Hall Brewery. Fortunately, it has NOT been a while since I’ve patronized this place. It’s become a pretty regular stop after my evening MBA classes, so I get to visit it pretty regularly.

I won’t go into too much detail, since I’ve reviewed this place before and gave it a rave review. Nothing this place has done in the past two years has made me change my mind about giving it a rave review. They always have fantastic scotch specials and my friends all seem to wax poetic about their home-made craft brews (with the occasional person who complains that they don’t have Blue Moon on their beer menu).

I try to order different things when I get here, but usually stick to a few standards – mainly the Goat Cheese Nachos and the Mashed Potato Pizza. And I switch up the scotch every time I go to try some new things.

This time however, I got the Greek Burger and a glass of Balvenie Rum Cask scotch. It didn’t take long for the food to come out and I was happy with my decision when I saw the burger.The burger has feta on it and is covered with a home made tzatziki sauce. It was just what I pictured (well, maybe a bit more green than I pictured, but still close). The burger itself is cooked perfectly. When I say medium, I expect medium and this was perfect. Just a bit pink on the inside and had some char on the edges. Very juicy. The tzatziki sauce was really flavorful and thankfully the feta wasn’t overpowering like it can be sometime. It was a good mix of differing flavors and a burger I’d definitely get again.

You’d think with it being called a Greek burger, it would have a bunch of olives on it or something, but it didn’t, thankfully. Not my cup of tea. The fries are always pretty good here, so I didn’t leave a single one on my plate.

Still not sure what I’m going to get next time, but I’m guessing I’ll show my face there on the patio in the next week or two, based on my recent track record.

www.townhallbrewery.com

1 comment:

pharmacy escrow said...

Well, that's a god place to go just look at what huge burger it's terrific when we can eat something delicious, I love junk food.