Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quad City Mallards vs. Port Huron Ice Hawks – Moline, IL

I went to see some hockey while I was back visiting the folks. My family came in from Michigan and they’re big into hockey. So we scored some tickets to see the yet-to-win Quad City Mallards play the Port Huron Ice Hawks.

I won’t go into too much detail, since I’m not a huge hockey fan. I just like to yell at the top of my lungs and embarrass the rest of my family, which I EXCEL at. My sister, PalmMapper, was watching my niece Froggy like a hawk the whole game since my niece was working her magic with some older guys. Hilarious. But now I know that my camera has a decent zoom on it (if it didn’t have a caffeine-shaky operator).



Wouldn’t you know it, the Mallards won their first game in a shoot out. Weird. But I was glad I got to see it. It was actually a decent game and my father (who goes to many games) said it was the best he’d seen them play. Go Mallards, I guess.

No comments: