Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Long Weekend With An Occasional Smile - Illinois

I had a rough weekend. A lot of my friends and family got various phone calls with me unable to speak through tears. This “missing Gerd thing” isn't getting any easier. Truly, it sucks.

I won’t go into too many details, but despite being a basketcase most of the weekend, I got to see some of my favorite people and some of Gerd and I’s favorite people. I got to go to lunch with Gerd’s mother and brother, which is always fun (fun isn’t the right word, but you know what I mean) and painful at the same time. But they’re family and I know they miss Gerd as much as I do.

The other thing I get to do when I’m visiting Gerd’s family is play with Zoey the Wonderdawg, Gerd and I’s dog. This past stretch was the longest I’ve ever gone without seeing her and it was really eating me up inside. As much as I mocked cute little fu-fu dogs, I love Zoey a ton. She’s a huge part of Gerd and I’s life and I miss her a lot. She was super happy to see me and we did a lot of lounging, which was nice. I think this was the biggest smile all weekend.

I'm sure some of the blog readers are sick of me always saying how much I miss Gerd, but it's true, and I'll continue to write such things. So if it bothers you that bad, don't read the top 5.

No comments: