Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quad Steak Burrito at Taco Bell – Eden Prairie, MN

I had wanted to try one of these since I saw the commercial. I love things that look like pillows filled with meat. I was a bit surprised at how much it cost, but I got over it. It’s a large burrito with steak (supposedly four times as much as usual), fire roasted salsa, rice, and cheese. I also love that they throw in reduced fat sour cream to top it off – in case you’re watching your figure. Hahaha

The burrito isn’t nearly as large as I expected it to be, which makes me think that if the regular burritos have ¼ the steak, then they’re pretty small. I was glad there was some salsa inside there or the thing would have been painfully dry and difficult to eat. Thankfully, the meat is well-lubricated. Yup, I went there.

All in all, it’s a decent burrito, but I wouldn’t do it again, based simply on the cost. It’s $5 to eat one of these things and I didn’t get full. I can get 3 or 4 other burritos and get full for that money. I also got a little bored eating this burrito. There’s a thing called burrito real-estate and there has to be some sort of balance or the thing tastes like too much of one thing. This thing tasted a LOT like meat. And this is coming from a militant carnivore who loves beef. I wish it had some other flavors happening (which would also make it a larger burrito) or maybe 2 or 3 times the meat instead of four times.

It was worth a shot. I should have asked for FULL fat sour cream though. hahahaha

1 comment:

xlpharmacy said...

Well this isn't looks so good I prefer to buy a burrito in Taco Bell than eat that.