Thursday, October 16, 2008

Roly Poly - Eden Prairie, MN

I was off from work on Monday due to a holiday. Chao was not so I decided to visit him at work and take him out to lunch. Although he paid. But I physically took him there in my car so it counts. We decided to go to Roly Poly. Roly Poly was one of my favorite lunch places when I was working in the Chicago suburbs a few years back. It is a sandwich place but instead of using bread, they use wraps to hold your ingredients together.

When you visit Roly Poly they have a huge menu of suggested wraps you can try. They have hot wraps, cold wraps, chicken salad wraps, hot beef wraps, lunchmeat wraps, peanut butter and jelly wraps, ALL KINDS. The best part about Roly Poly is their ingredients list is HUGE. Not only can you choose from their selection of wraps, but you can also RYO (roll your own – Roly Poly lingo). I would like to take this opportunity to give a shout out to all of those who made weird sandwiches when they were young. Potato chips and bologna people, peanut butter and Colby cheese people, hot dogs in a taco shell people (yes I did all of these)…this place is for you! Seriously, they have cream cheese, several flavors of mayo, cashews, cornbread stuffing, sunflower seeds, sirloin steak, brie…you can go no wrong. Well maybe you could actually. But still, tons of choices!

We arrived and Chao was overwhelmed with the choices. This is a good time to point out that they have everything listed on their website as far as menu choices and nutritional information if you are into that. If you are indecisive you might want to spend some time preparing before your visit. Honestly I don’t even remember what Chao ordered but it was good. I had the tuna melt which rules. I used to add a bunch of stuff to it like pickles and carrots but this time I went with the suggested ingredients. I wasn’t feeling the need to be creative.

Top 5:
1. Tons of choices
2. Good tuna
3. Celebrity sighting: Andy Bernard was there!
4. Tons of choices for dipping sauces
5. Can be healthy if you care

Bottom 5:
1. It is not close to where I work now
2. Tough to choose
3. No Braunschweiger on the menu (c’mon!)
4. Not a ton of seating
5. None of the wraps are deep fried

http://www.rolypoly.com/menu/

No comments: