Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cheesy Double Decker Taco – Taco Bell – St. Paul, MN

It was really late and I had been to a birthday bash as well as a hilarious horror movie (Tucker and Dale vs. Evil – see it if you can), and I knew I needed something in my guts besides the liquor in my gut that I had processed enough of to be good to drive. Taco Bell always comes to mind first, so I swung through the drive thru.

They had a new taco I had heard about – the Cheesy Double Decker Taco – and I needed to check it out. I ordered one (and three other things because I knew I was going to stay up late playing Big Buck Hunter on the Wii since D.Rough was out of town) and headed back home to gorge myself.

Here’s my new preferred way to eat Taco Bell food: with a flask of Sailor Jerry. Unfortunately, my work might frown upon lunch outings with Jerry. What is this, Communist China?!?!?

I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had had a couple of Double Decker Tacos in my time and always liked them. How was this going to be different? It has beans and cheese sauce on a soft flour tortilla, which is then wrapped around a crunchy taco.

I’m pretty sure this is just a regular Double Decker Taco with some cheese sauce thrown in for good measure. I’m also pretty sure this is delicious. I’m not going to complain about the fact that it really isn’t a new menu item when you take a regular menu item and add 30 calories worth of pump cheese to it (I looked at the nutritional info online – just because it makes me laugh) – that’s not a lot of pump cheese, by the way.

Again, I’ll say the Cheesy Double Decker Taco is delicious, but I’m pretty sure I’ve ordered these at Taco Bell before when I’ve ordered a regular Double Decker Taco and had them add nacho cheese to it. Yes, yes, I’m sure I have. Couldn’t they have added bacon to the Double Decker Taco? Call it a Triple Decker?

I sound like I’m complaining, but I’m about 97% sure I’m going to order many of these menu items. And I’ll probably have to NOT drink Sailor Jerry with my meal, but it will still be delicious.

1 comment:

xlpharmacy said...

The lettuce has always bothered me. Don’t know why I don’t order it without, but lettuce belongs on tacos and tostadas, not inside burritos. I think Burrito Supremes are actually good cold, but the lettuce is the only outlier after it gets heated up and cools back down.