Tuesday, April 5, 2011

P.J. Murphy's Bakery - St. Paul, MN

It was Saturday morning and I managed to wake up with minimal snooze resets on my alarm clock. My prize for doing this is having enough time to get donuts before playing disc golf with the guys at o’god’o’clock in the morning. This morning’s adventure took me past P.J. Bakery.


It’s a pretty standard looking bakery, both on the inside and the outside. The glass cases are filled with cookies, and pastries, and donuts, and one wall is entirely filled with fresh bread (which looked delicious, by the way).

It didn’t take me long to figure out I wanted a chocolate covered raised donut and a cinnamon twist donut (and a chocolate milk to wash it all down). I will tell you, I was pretty bummed with the lack of vanilla-frosted donuts, but I guess you can’t have everything. I wasn’t in a chocolate mood, but I didn’t have a lot of other options. It was all fairly cheap though and I got out of there for like $3.

The cinnamon twist was pretty good – super soft and lots of cinnamon flying all over my car while I drove. Hahahaha. And the chocolate donut was just alright. It may have been my mood, or it may have just been a standard donut. I wasn’t overwhelmed, but I was happy I stopped there for a pre-disc golf treat. I’ll probably hit it up again if I’m in that neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Online pharmacy reviews said...

Well that looks as a good meal for breakfast to me. Thanks for posting this, I'll try to visit that place soon. Keep up the good work.