I can make this one quick. Second coolest hotel EVER. (The first was the Radio City Music Hall Hotel I stayed in with Trash and Corpsekitten in NYC.) This hotel looked like an old converted school building and you stayed in the rooms. Super high ceilings and old woodwork and hardwood floors.
But the place still had a modern feel – not sure how they pulled it off, but they did. Sliding hanging door for the bathroom, beds with no box springs (not ideal for bed jumping, sorry), and cool artwork. There was a large bed and two single beds in their own cubby holes, which ended up being super awesome.
- Clawfoot bathtubs in some rooms
- Custom blankets and sheets
- Turntables in some rooms (seriously)
- Flatscreen TVs
- WiFi (when will this just become accepted as standard?)
- Complimentary Mac laptop access
- Bike Rentals
- Photo Booth
We will stay here every time we come to Portland. It’s awesome.
Top 5 things about the Ace Hotel
2. Bed cubbies
3. Fridge for left over Poutine
4. Dog friendly
5. Good restaurant guides
Bottom 5 things
1. Slidey door didn’t cover all of the bathroom – Slutnik is a peeker
2. Couldn’t find lights for the bathroom in the middle of the night. Night peeing isn’t good for anyone
3. No box springs – a detriment to bed jumping, but otherwise cool
4. Creaky hardwood floors during night peeing mission
5. Random wooden boxes under the couch – maybe they are dwarf-friendly as well?