Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random Guy - Minneapolis Airport, MN

The trip home was uneventful with one exception. While walking to our shuttle at the Minneapolis airport, I see this guy running down a pedestrian ramp out of control while hanging on to (I'm assuming he was pushing it initially) one of those baggage carts filled with luggage.

Weird part - the luggage cart was tipped back, like a wheelie gone wrong.

Hilarious part - the guy hit the ground chest first and slid like 10 feet like Pete Rose.

I can't figure out the how's and why's of this particular incident, but I have never seen a more bizarre airport incident. Was the guy pushing the cart and it got away from him and he tried to leap onto the back to stop it? Was the guy showing off for his wife and popping a wheelie and lost it? Was he hydraulically blasted out of some chute and offered a reward if he stayed upright? Did someone glue the guy's hands to the cart and he needed to scratch his chest?

People stopped and asked him if he was ok, since it took him considerable time to stand up. Once I knew he was ok, the giggles set in for me. I couldn't stop laughing. Just seeing this guy horizontal being dragged by a tipped up luggage cart had me cracking up for the rest of the night. I'll never know what happened, but I kind of don't want to know. It wouldn't ruin my fun.

No comments: